How to book
Once you have read through the brochure, and have decided upon the cruise you would like, we advise:
- call us on 07380 941 042 to check availability for the cruise of your choice, ask us any questions you may have and make a provisional booking. As reception on the canals is very patchy, if you do not get through, please leave an answer phone message and we will call you back at the earliest opportunity. The provisional booking will be held for 2 weeks.
- complete the booking form and return it to the address on our contact page, together with the deposit of £150 per person, per cruise or payment in full. If paying in full, please confirm with us the total amount required, after any discounts are applied
- if booking fewer than three months prior to the start of the cruise, payment will be required in full, with submission of your booking form.
- if payment in full is not received ten weeks prior to the start date of the holiday, the deposit shall be forfeited and the booking cancelled.
- there are no hidden extras and no supplements for single guests occupying single accommodation.
- upon receipt of your completed booking form and deposit, or payment in full, we will send you written or email confirmation. This will include full arrival and departure details for your cruise, and advice of any outstanding amounts.
How to join
The majority of our starting and departure points are well-served by public transport and every effort has been made to ease your convenience. Full arrival details and map will be sent with your confirmation.
Arrival on the boats is from 4.00pm onwards. It may be possible to drop bags off at the boat prior to this, if arranged with the crew beforehand, however we regret it will not be possible for any passengers to be onboard during the day of arrival. Afternoon tea is served at 4.30pm to those guests that have arrived. Welcome drinks followed by dinner will be served at 6.30pm. The boats will not normally move off until the following morning.
Departure on the last day of the cruise shall be after breakfast and before 10am. It may be possible to leave luggage on board for collection later on the day of departure, if arranged with the crew. We regret it is not possible for any passengers to be onboard after 10am on the day of departure.
Please do not send cash in the post. Cheques should be made payable to ‘Bywater Hotelboat Cruises Ltd’. For bank transfers please use your surname and the cruise number as the payment reference.
Sort code: 40-09-02
Account number: 21866869
If paying from overseas please consult us as to the best method of payment.
We strongly recommend that cancellation insurance is obtained for all members of the party. Please see our terms and conditions.
We regret that for safety reasons smoking is not permitted on board. Pets are not allowed on board and we are unable to carry children under the age of 14, except on a full boat charter.
Canals and rivers are occasionally closed for short periods during the summer months if emergency repair work is necessary. If any of our cruises are affected by such stoppages we shall make every effort to re-route and immediately inform any passengers whose arrival or departure is altered.
We serve a varied menu over the course of each cruise and although we are unable to offer choices we can cater for certain dietary requirements, just let us know of any strong dislikes, food allergies or other dietary needs at the time of booking. Please call us on 07380 941042 if you would like to discuss any of these before booking.
Bywater Hotelboat Cruises cannot be held responsible for any failings of public transport in your arrival or departure.
Bywater Hotelboat Cruises takes no responsibility for any theft or accidental damage which occurs to a passenger’s luggage and belongings whilst on board.
If we advise car-parking facilities, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage to your vehicle or its contents.
1. A booking has been made when Bywater Hotelboat Cruises (herein after called the company) have received a booking form with the deposit/ full remittance per person, per cruise and you have received written or email confirmation. Once your booking is confirmed you are responsible for the total charge not just the deposit.
2. If you cancel your booking you will forfeit all sums paid to the company at the effective cancellation date, and you shall pay to the company the balance of any sums due should the company make a request in writing for payment of the full amount due in respect of the booking. If the company re-lets the cabin to a new customer for all or part of the booking period the company will return the sums which you have paid, in respect of any days for which is has re-let the cabin after deducting an administration fee of £50.
3. The balance for the cruise is due as per the dates on your booking invoice. For bookings made less than 10 weeks before the start date of the cruise, you must pay the full price at the time of the booking request.
4. The company’s advertised prices are in pound sterling and include VAT and any other applicable government taxes. If the rates of VAT or other government taxes are changed so that a different rate of applies to your booking any difference will be refunded or charged to you as the case may be.
5. Changes to holiday dates after confirmation has been received count as cancellations unless, at the company’s discretion the booking can be re-allocated to an alternative date. A fee may be charged.
6. The company reserves the right to refuse bookings without assigning reasons. We reserve the right to cancel any cruise for which there are insufficient bookings, or if due to circumstances outside our control it has become impossible to carry out the cruise. In such cases, you will, if possible be offered alternative dates. Otherwise, any sum received from you will be returned in full, but you shall have no claim on any account against us.
7. The company makes every effort to keep the advertised time-table but shall not be liable for any loss to the passenger occasioned by delay, mechanical breakdown, failure to keep time, or any cause whatsoever. The company reserves the right to amend routes and to allocate alternative accommodation whenever in the opinion of the company, its servants or agents it shall be necessary to do so. Should navigational difficulties prevail on the waterway, the cruise may be rescheduled by the company to commence, divert or terminate at alternative locations or an alternative craft in order to safeguard the holiday. This situation will not be considered grounds for cancellation of a confirmed booking.
8. The company reserves the right to terminate a passenger cruise, should the person in the opinion of the company or its servants have placed the boats / equipment / passengers or property belonging to the waterway company in danger of damage or injury by ignoring the advice or restrictions imposed in order to protect against damage or injury to persons or property belonging to the waterway company. The company also reserves the right to expel any person who in the opinion of the operative of the vessel behaves in a manner disruptive to the group. No compensation will be given for cruise time or facilities cancelled due to this action and the person may have no further claim on the company.
9. No responsibility can be taken by the company for any consequences of not being informed regarding health problems of any guest.
10. The conditions of the bookings are covered by English Law and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.