Our COVID-19 Response
Our COVID-19 Response
Our Booking Guarantee
For any booking made in 2021 for a cruise in 2021 or 2022 we will guarantee a full refund of all money paid if either you or we have to cancel due to COVID-19. Here are the details:
If you are forced to cancel your holiday due to UK Government advice please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.
If you are forced to cancel, your options are:
- To transfer to another date in the same or subsequent year (If the price of your new cruise is higher than the original one you will need to pay the difference at the time of booking. If less, we will refund the difference).
- To cancel your booking and receive a full refund.
If we are unable to offer you your boating holiday due to UK Government Advice, we will contact you as soon as possible to offer the following:
- A transfer to another date in the same or subsequent year (If the price of your new cruise is higher than the original one you will need to pay the difference at the time of booking. If less, we will refund the difference).
- To cancel your booking and send a full refund.
Terms and Conditions
- This guarantee applies to the SARS-CoV-2 / Covid-19 strain of Coronavirus.
- We reserve the right to ask for documentary evidence that you have been forced to cancel your holiday due to Government advice.
- We strongly recommend that you take out holiday cancellation insurance for all other risks. If you are looking for travel insurance Martin Lewis has some advice on the best offers.
- The Coronavirus Guarantee applies to holidays due take place from May 1st 2021 to November 1st 2022.
- Refunds can take up to 28 days to process.
- All other terms and conditions are unchanged.
Our New Procedures
- For the 2021 season, we have left a minimum of 48 hours between cruises.
- We have removed all shared resources (books, maps, games) from the boats to reduce the risk of contact infection.
- Provide hand sanitiser for use of both guests and crew on each boat.
- Provision of dining facilities on the butty, to allow greater social distancing at meal times.
- We have enhanced cleaning routines in place, including the use of a disinfectant fogging machine, to ensure that all surfaces are free of possible infection.
- We will pass details on to the NHS Track and Trace system if we have a case of COVID-19 on board.
- All crew will be trained in social distancing procedures for use both on the boats and when undertaking duties outside (working locks, water points, shopping, etc.).
- We will keep a close eye on the health of crew and guests and have procedures in place if we suspect a COVID-19 infection onboard.
This is a summary of the procedures that have come out of our comprehensive risk assessment. If you would like a copy of the full document, please contact us.